The Umbrellas of Cherbourg



This is one of my favorite films that I watch at least once a year, especially around the holidays.  It features a pregnant Catherine Deneuve, looking simply adorable. This movie inspires me in so many ways: of course the 1960s clothes , then the wallpaper is just amazing...almost every scene has a room with a different bright colored wallpaper,so vivid and gorgeous-- I can't tell you how many times I've been tempted to wallpaper our apartment because of this film.
Lastly, the whole movie is sung in French to this heartwrenchingly beautiful melody... if you appreciate all things feminine and pretty, you'll fall in love with this film. ♥
ties with Anna Karina as my favorite girl in a trench





makes being young & pregnant  look so appealing!

perfect set design


my winter white dream coat

Comments

Popular Posts