10. Jean Moureau in Bay of Angels, 1963. The most beautiful alcoholic gambler I've ever seen.
9. Julie Christie in Petulia, 1968. Plays the role of abused wife and somehow manages to look extremely glamourous throughout. Shot in San Francisco and features cameo by Janis Joplin.
8. Virna Lisi in How to Murder Your Wife, 1965. The consumate Italian sexpot plays opposite a young Jack Lemmon.
7. Catherine Deneuve in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, 1964. Sweet & lovestruck Deneuve against the backdrop of the most inspiring wallpaper ever to appear on film. I've been wanting to wallpaper our rental ever since.
6. Leslie Ash in Quadrophenia, 1979. Ok, this one's cheating but it's one of the best movies ever made about the mods, so I'm including it. She was also my husband's teenage crush.
5. Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby, 1968. This movie launched a thousand cropped cuts and peter pan collars.
4. Catherine Deneuve in Belle du Jour, 1967. The frustrated housewife takes up a "hobby" in Saint Laurent from head to toe.
3. Jean Seberg in Breathless, 1960. The mariner shirt we all know and love.
1. Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961. Simplicity & elegance personified.