Straight to the Source

One of my favorite drives in the world is right here on the coast line of Highway 1 going South towards Santa Cruz. I grew up in this area so I've probably driven on this road thousands of times.

One place I have always passed, but have never stopped into until the other day, is Montara Military Surplus (about 20 minutes south of the City). It's only open Friday through Sunday and only if it's not raining as a lot of the merchandise sits out front. So last Sunday I decided to get my military trend fix at the authentic purveyor instead of paying more for a designer version or one of inferior quality. Why not just go straight the source, I say.



This tiny little shop is chock full of all things military-- field jackets, hats, navy sailor tops, canteens, aviator sunglasses. If you're ever in the area it's well worth a visit. I'm still deciding on what to wear my new wool gabardine sailor pullover with, but I'll be sure to show you when I think up an outfit. ♥


Comments

Popular Posts